Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: OT: Playin in the snow.... errr.... ice

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AMslp_late's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    This past Tuesday me and my bro went to a Predators game (NHL) which is at Gaylord entertainment center (actual name) in the middle of downtown nashville. When we came out at 9:30 we had gotten about 2 inches of snow at the most. TDOT (tenn dept of transp) is completely inept at keeping the roads clear. Every road in a matter of minutes was turned into a virtual sheet of ice.
    Anybody that lives in the south knows just how "good" people down here drive in the snow. Needless to say I was a little nervous that someone was going to bash me on the way back home. I also had another problem to contend with, I have Falken GRB's on my car, which are NOT rated for snow use. I did have one good thing tho, my Quaife. The reason I know this is I had been in the snow before without it, the difference was tremendous.
    Anyway, we finally get out onto the interstate and traffic is completely stopped cause 2 big rigs had jackknifed and had blocked the entire road. So I carefully work my way back into town and we hang at a local watering hole for a couple of hours to let things simma down. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] We leave there at 1:00 and traffic is STILL backed up so we go back roads all the way to Cool springs (20m) and then from there to Smyrna (15m) handbrakin whenever possible. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Through all this the quaife saved my ass. I would have NEVER made it if I hadn't been equiped with the LSD.

    Thanks Quaife, you saved me. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Austin

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SCedGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just bought a Jeep wrangler and decided to play in some field after about 2-3 in. of snow. everything was cool until I decided to head home. I'm out in the country and off to my left is a ft drop off and the rest flat. What I didn't know is that there was a 5 ft ditch under a snow drift. You guessed it. I sunk. When I opened my door I was pushing 3 inches of snow. Took a step out and I'm mid thigh in snow. Had to have a snow truck pull me out. It definately was an experience.

    This all happened the second day that I owned the JEEP!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AMslp_late's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    THAT's how you breakin a 4wheel drive baby!! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •